Armbruster 1942 Command Post Tent
Introduced in 1942, the WWII Command Post Tent (or commonly known as the “2HQ” tent during the war) was used in Theater of Operations to provide office shelter for Staff Sections of the several Command Echelons. Manufactured as Tent, Fire-Resistant, Command Post, M-1942, Olive Drab, Stock No. 24-T-318-33, Armbruster is now offering the 1942 WWII Command Post Tent under its line of WWII period tents.
The Command Post Tent is constructed in such a way that it may be completely blacked out, it may thus be safely used in a combat area without fear of observation. When necessary, this tent may be used for quartering of two Officers.
- 7ft wide, 11ft 10.5 inches long, and 7ft high
- Floor space is 84 feet.
- Made from 12.29 oz authentic cotton duck with metal slides.
- Square windows are made of flexible glass material, with covering flaps.
- Tent includes ventilation vents, and message drop openings.
- There is no provision for stove pipe openings as per the original design.
- Offered with or without wooden poles and stakes.